Every beauty product that protects your skin from those powerful damaging sun rays becomes your best friend. And number one on this list in a sunscreen. It is a savior for your skin, especially in summers!!!
Sunscreen has been developed to take care of your skin from those unwanted and very harmful UVA and UVB rays which tend to damage the skin, either by darkening the complexion, or by leading to skin aging, thus giving you those unwanted fine lines, wrinkles,
To have good skin you must keep it protected from the sun. While using a sunscreen is important, it is also important that you select one based on your skin type, as ones that are good for dry or normal skin may not be good for oily or sensitive skin. Always choose a sunscreen that does not clog pores, offers a high SPF and better understand your skin needs.
How much SPF is needed for Indian weather and summers? Although there is a lot of emphasis given to the SPF number, it is best not to get too hung up about this number. After a point (say SPF 30), any SPF is good enough. An increase in SPF from say 40 to 50 provides only a tiny bit more protection. For Indian summers, an SPF of 30-40 is good.
How to properly use sunscreen? Take a big pea size amount of sunscreen and apply liberally to cover the face and neck. If the face looks white immediately after, wait for the sunscreen to sink into the skin instead of rubbing it in vigorously. Apply sunscreen about 15 minutes before sun exposure so that all of it can absorb into the skin. Reapply every 2-3 hours if you are outdoors or sweating.
1. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3 In 1 Matte-Look Daily Sun block PA+++ SPF-40:
Buy Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3-In-1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock SPF-40 for ₹235.00 @ www.amazon.in/lotus-herbals-matte-look-daily-sunblock
This Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3 In 1 Matte-Look Daily Sun block PA+++ SPF-40 is one of the best sunscreen lotions ever.
This sunscreen is not greasy and has a matt finish when applied on the skin.
· It is very good for oily skin.
· It features SPF 40, which is good for the Indian weather as it protects skin from tanning.
· It features a mild smell and goes long way, as small quantity is enough to offer wide covering, thus keeping your fresh all day long .
2. VLCC Matte Look Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 PA+++:
Buy VLCC Matte Look Sunscreen SPF 30 for ₹214.00 @ www.amazon.in/vlcc-matte-look-sunscreen
- VLCC sunscreen has been developed to offer softness to the skin, while offering matte finish on the skin.
- It is non greasy and has fragrance of pineapple extracts, which gives a good smell when applying.
- This sunscreen has SPF 30 which is not to high nor very low, so it’s just perfect.
3. Biotique Face & Body Sun Lotion SPF 30 – Bio Aloe Vera;
Buy Biotique Bio Aloe Vera Face & Body Sun Lotion SPF 30 for ₹185.00 @ www.amazon.in/biotique-bio-aloe-vera-face-body-sun-lotion
- This sunscreen offers moisturizing and soothing properties when applied
- It features natural ingredients that are safe for the skin.
- This sunscreen is price effective for the quantity it offers.
4.Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50+
Buy Neutrogena ultra sheer touch sunscreen- Rs. 150 for 30 ml and Rs.425 for 88 ml.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ is a breakthrough in sun protection, Stabilized with Helioplex, it provides superior balanced broad-spectrum protection against skin-aging, UVA and burning UVB rays, and combines it with dry touch technology for an ultra-light, non shiny finish.
- This lightweight sun block has a light fresh scent and is gentle enough for even sensitive skin.
- Water –proof, sweat proof, resists rub-off
- Non comedogenic (wont clog pores)
5. Kaya Daily Use Sunscreen with SPF 30
Buy Online on Flipkart.com and Nykaa.com Rs. 790 for 50mL.
Kaya Daily Use Sunscreen is with SPF not only protects your skin from harmful UV-A and UV-B rays but also hydrates the skin without making it feel sticky. With Ultra Bootstar rating of 5, it offers the highest possible UV-A protection against tanning and ageing duo to sun exposure.
The sunscreen is a thick lotiony product, white in color. It has a smooth texture and it spreads on the skin very easily. Has a light floral-powdery fragrance, typical of Kaya! The consistency is light, and it gets absorbed into the skin quickly. It works really well- no post-application-sweating, no oiliness and greasiness, no stickiness, nothing! keeps the skin fresh for a few hours after application when worn alone. When worn under makeup, it does not interfere with the staying power of the makeup. Has SPF-30 and does not cast a whitish cast on the skin under flash light. After about 3-4 hours, I do notice some oiliness on and around the T-zone, which can be taken care of with blotting and powder. The formula has not broken me out.
· Light weight, lotiony product
· No greasiness
· No post-application-sweating
· Gets absorbed easily and completely
· Travel friendly packaging
Hope this article helped you all. Any queries on how to choose, what to choose for your skin type, you can get in touch with me on my social media handles.
Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/lookintomymirror/?ref=bookmarks
Thanks for the love